Skanska Koch is a member of a joint venture that has been awarded a $743.3 million contract as part of the Port Authority’s $1.29 billion bridge construction program to increase the navigational clearance of the Bayonne Bridge. The project will raise the deck by 64 feet and provide drivers with a new, modern roadway with safer 12-foot lanes, shoulders, a median divider and a 12foot bike and pedestrian walkway. It also will provide the capability for future mass transit options across the span.
- New suspended span roadway
- New concrete approach piers, new approach structure and approach roadways
- Construction of new approach abutments
- Construction of specialized foundations including drilled shafts and micro-piles
- Demolition of existing approach
- Roadway and approach piers
- Demolition of existing suspended span roadway
- On grade roadway construction, including curbs, carriers, asphalt paving and furnishing and installation of traffic control devices
- Lead abatement and repainting of portions of the arch structure, as well as lead and incidental asbestos abatement required for demolition activities
- Relocation of utilities such as sign structures, conduits, light poles, cameras, etc.
Design, installation and maintenance of temporary work