This 116,000-SF expansion and modernization project will significantly improve healthcare delivery for local residents. The new building will include a new, larger emergency department on the first floor; seven new operating rooms on the fourth and fifth floors; a multi-specialty medical practice offering primary care, specialty care and urgent care and additional diagnostic and laboratory services. In addition, imaging, urgent care and endoscopy suites on the second floor. The full basement will consist of a new lab, central sterile room, emergency medical service support space and mechanical equipment room.
The addition also includes five new elevators that will link to the original hospital. The renovation to the existing hospital will also include a new entry and lobby area, replacement of the facade with new windows and upgrades to the mechanical systems that include new boilers, chillers and emergency generators. In the existing facility, central air conditioning will be provided to all patient rooms, new windows are being installed and new cladding is being applied to the existing exterior to match the new addition.
Services to be expanded include:
- Emergency department to feature 36 bays, eight observation beds, an off-street "drive-through" ambulance bay, separate walk-in entrance and a new imaging suite, including MRI, CT, bone density, mammography, X-ray and ultrasound
- Seven new operating rooms
- New primary care physicians in internal medicine, family practice, ob/gyn and pediatrics
- New specialized spaces; cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general surgery, pulmonary, orthopedics, thoracic and vascular surgery
- Integrated laboratory services, allowing physicians to view blood test results before seeing patients, thus eliminating unnecessary return visits
It is anticipated that 160 staff jobs will be created once the project is complete.